POLYGRAPH INTERN FAQ SHEET
1. WHEN DOES MY INTERN TRAINEE LICENSE EXPIRE?
2. HOW MANY EXAMINATIONS DO I NEED TO CONDUCT BEFORE I CAN
TEST FOR MY GENERAL LICENSE?
3. WHAT IF I CAN’T COMPLETE 200 EXAMS IN TWO YEARS?
4. WHAT HAPPENS IF I FAIL THE TEST?
5. HOW MANY CRITIQUES ARE NECESSARY?
Submit 5 exams out of the first 20 conducted (i.e., Test #1-#20)
Submit 5 exams out of the second 30 conducted (i.e., Test #21-#50)
Submit 5 exams out of the third 50 conducted (i.e., Test #51-#100)
Submit 5 exams out of the last 100 conducted (i.e., Test #101-#200)
6. WHEN ARE CRITIQUES DUE?
7. WHEN SHOULD I RENEW MY LICENSE?
8. HOW MUCH ARE RENEWAL FEES?
9. DO I NEED TO ATTEND TRAINING?
10. WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON'T ATTEND TRAINING OR FORGET TO SUBMIT MY TRAINING?
11. WHAT IF MY LICENSE EXPIRES?
12. IS THERE ANY PENALTY FOR VIOLATING THE RULES?
Yes. Your license may be suspended, revoked or the Department may refuse to issue a new license. Additionally, OAR 259-020-0050 states: Violation of any provision of the Act or of any rule adopted thereunder is a Class A Misdemeanor.
13. WHAT IF SOMEONE COMPLAINS ABOUT ME?
14. DO I HAVE TO RETAIN ANY OTHER RECORDS?
Yes. You must keep a numerical log or ledger (beginning with #1) of the examinations you conduct. You must provide a brief record of the name of the person examined, date, time, type of examination and results, and any other information you consider pertinent. You must also keep folders containing all available test information, including notes, questions, charts, reports and correspondence.
15. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO KEEP THESE RECORDS?
16. WHERE CAN I FIND THE RULES GOVERNING MY LICENSE?